Thursday, December 8, 2011

Cake Batter Sprinkle Cookies



Two of my favorite things: cake batter and sprinkles.
 
I don't know why some people love the flavor of unbaked desserts to much, but I am one of them.   Cookie dough, brownie batter, cake batter...I bake to eat the unfinished product.  Licking the spoon is the best part! 

These cookies satisfy the craving for raw batter without actually being raw batter and are just plain yummy!  The cookies are a little crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside with a random little crunch of sprinkle.  And with Christmas colored sprinkles, they are very festive! 

I make some cake batter bars earlier in the week that only called for a cup of yellow box cake mix, so I had a half used box sitting in the pantry calling my name.  But I need to find something to make that didn't need the whole box.  When I found this recipe, I figured it would be easy to adjust and it turned out great!

Cake Batter Sprinkle Cookies

About 2/3 box yellow cake mix
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 egg
1/4 C vegetable oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 C colored sprinkles (I just eyeballed my sprinkles and I used two different kinds)

Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and baking powder.  Stir in egg, oil, and vanilla. Stir in the sprinkles. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet.

Bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheet before transferring to cooling rack. They will be very soft at first. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment